Monday, September 13, 2010

Saturday At Mojo's



I'm not sure why, but I can't do anything unless it's at the very last possible minute. Even when it's something fun and exciting.

I love getting out and about to spend time with my friends. I'm really paranoid of not 'passing' so I pile on my makeup before leaving the confines of my house and it takes time to lather on my messy mask of cosmetics. I know it takes a while but I still insist on being late and then waiting a little longer to start the process EVERY time.

This weekend was no different.

After sitting on two different trains for more than an hour and a 15 minute walk, in heels, in the rain, I finally made it to the gig where I was meeting a couple of friends. Unfortunately, because of my habit of running late, I missed seeing Hayley Beth, who was up first. I walked in the door just as she was putting down her guitar. It's not really a big deal, she's local, plays all the time and I got a big ol' hug from her 5 minutes later (she's a hugger, I'm not that special).


Even though I've seen them a few times now, Cal Peck and The Tramps, were playing and I love a good band with a little harp in their sound so I had to leave my comfy spot on one of the couches to get on the dance floor and do my little sway. I didn't get my comfy seat back.

By the time the headline act The Jacknives came on, my feet were dying. But I still stumbled to the floor and tried to throw in some super awesome dance moves...without moving. I have to admit, I didn't pull it off. But I did manage to hobble my way back to the comfy couches at the end of their performance to let my feet recover without too many people witnessing my pathetic attempt at keeping my dignity.


There were some annoying bits, a couple of lady lovin' ladies, a whole lot a people staring at the giant rainbow coloured girl in heels, some good music, a lost umbrella and a pair of dead feet. All in all it was a pretty good ending to a pretty good week...

No comments:

Post a Comment