Thursday, January 14, 2010

Name That Camera

I just realized I haven't named my newest camera. Even though I've owned her for a while.

I don't know why, I just haven't.

Maybe it's because we haven't really gone through very much together so far. Or maybe it's because she's digital.

I feel pictures taken on film have a sort of warmth, or life to them, possibly given to them through the soul of the camera. As opposed to a digital's, cold, electronic files. Uploaded into the computer and "processed" in some software package. Achieved by clicking a few times on a mouse, selecting the proper options.

Although It's probably just because I'm lazy.

Whatever the reason May be, I still need a name for her. Maybe Rosie, after the Jetsons beloved robot house keeper?

2 comments:

  1. This wiki page might help.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_robots_and_androids

    Although I do like the name Rosie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Grant!
    I don't know if it's helped me or made it harder.
    I'm liking Rosie too. Loved the Jetsons when I was younger.
    So many robots, so many names!
    GERTY is one that caught my eye though...hmmm

    ReplyDelete